Webalizer Site Statistics
yourdomain.com/webalizer (after turned on)
Also see AWstats
Information about the operation of your site is critical for decision-making.
To obtain this information, you need to analyze statistics data that is
written to log files in your home directory on the server:
- Error log - stores data about errors generated by
the server (e.g. Page Not Found error) or by your CGI scripts;
- Transfer log - stores combined data about every visit
to your site, including:
- Remote host IP (i.e. visitor's IP);
- Time of request (i.e. when visitor requested the page);
- First line of request;
- Error generated by request, if any;
- Size of message sent in response to the request;
- Referrer (i.e. from which page visitor was directed);
- Agent ID (i.e. type of browser or another agent and related information,
such as user's OS, etc.) ;
- Referrer log - stores the list of URLs from which
visitors are referred to your site; and
- Agent log - stores data about agents used to enter
the site -- such as browsers or any other Internet-based software -- and
all related data.
To enable or disable writing log files, do the following:
- Select domain Info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Web Service
- On the page that shows, scroll down to the Settings
section and click the ON/OFF icon next to the log files.
To view the log files records, do the following:
- Select Quick access in the Account
menu and click the Web Options icon.
- Choose the necessary domain
- Scroll down to Log files and click the View
icon next to it.
- List of log files shows.
- Click the necessary file and all its records will
Note: Entering end in the Line
Number field will show a list of records from the tail of a logfile.
The statistics data in the log files is difficult to read. Web analyzers
will read log files to produce visual reports in HTML format for viewing
through a browser.
To enable these analyzers and view statistics reports for your sites,
do the following:
- Select Domain Info in the Domain Settings
- Click the Edit icon next to the Webalizer
- On the page that shows, click OFF to switch it to
ON next to the Webalizer field.
- Click the Apply link on the right of this
- Click the View icon to see your statistics