The autoresponder sends a uniform response back to the sender whenever
a message arrives in a mailbox.
Here you can learn how to:
To add a new autoresponder, do the following:
- Select Mail Info in the Mail Info menu.
- At the bottom of the page that appears, click Add
new mail resource:
- Choose Mail autoresponder from the drop-down
list and click Next:
- Agree with the charges, if any.
Fill the form that shows:
- Send a Copy To:
the optional email address to which copies of response messages will be
- Subject: the
subject of the response message, e.g. receipt confirmation.
- Message: the
body of the response message, e.g. Your message was received. Thank
- Click Submit Query.
Note: If you want your mailbox to
work as forward and mail autoresponder at the same time, you can give
forward, mailbox and autoresponder the same name within one mail domain.
In this case, your mailbox will forward all incoming email to another
address and send responses to senders.
Editing Response Messages.
To configure your autoresponder, click its name in the list of mail
resources. You will see the list of its properties on the right:
- Local: local mail
resource name without domain part.
- Message: a response
to incoming mail;
- Copy To: email
message where copies will be sent.
- Delete: click
this icon to delete the mailbox.
- Trouble Ticket:
report troubles with the autoresponder.
To edit the message text:
- Click the name of the autoresponder.
- On the properties page, click the Edit icon
next to the Message field.
- A message box appears. Here you can edit the text
or enter a new one, change subject and Copy to email.
- Click Submit to confirm changes.